My 1922 duplex needs blown insolation, caulking, new windows/doors. The bsmt. is unhealthy - needs insulation & ventilation.

W
Wendy Lloyd-Smith
Mise à jour : 27 avril 2021

My 1922 duplex (35% energy efficient) needs blown insolation, caulking, new windows/doors. Bsmt. unhealthy - needs insulation & ventilation. Pls. advise who I should go to for good work/fair price. An eco energy analysis finds my duplex to be 35% efficient, There are 22 windows, 5 doors to replace. I have the energy rating system which is helpful, but I find many windows have such wide frames- too much light is blocked. Please refer me to a company you respect which is not too expensive. Please refer me to a company that does blown isolation - if that is what you recommend ?? Do they also usually do caulking>? I need to understand how to treat my musty basement (one little room under the cement front porch has a mould problem). The bsmt. has 2 long narrow portions, one of which has windows and a little studio apt, which is not fit to live in. Solarcan has a ventilation system which they are promoting - circulR - a new ventilation unit they say people rave about. I am interested in making this basement as healthy as possible. Please advise. I need to be very careful in my spending. Thank you, Wendy

Réponses (5)

W
Wendy Lloyd-Smith il y a 12 ans
Écohabitation
Écohabitation il y a 12 ans
W
Wendy Lloyd-Smith il y a 12 ans
Écohabitation
Écohabitation il y a 12 ans

@Wendy Lloyd-Smith Insulating paint is an ineffective product whose claims are entirely fabricated. Please read this precautionary tale before even considering purchasing this product http://www.greenbuildingadvisor.com/blogs/dept/musings/insulating-paint-salesman-tripped-his-own-product